||Gather your friends for a nice afternoon tea with cake! This slightly spicy cake is filled with walnuts and slices of juicy fresh apples. It smells delicious while baking, and tastes just as great, if not better, when it comes out of the breadmaker!
Ingredients (for 2-lb. breadmaker):
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (162g) vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups (185g) brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup (46g) potato starch
- 3 Tbsp. (21g) tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. (2.5g) xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. (7.0g) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5.3g) baking soda
- 3 tsp. (6.0g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (2.1g) ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. (5.6g) salt
- 1 cup (198g) sugar
When beeps sound, add:
- 2 cups (196g) fresh apples, peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup (55g) chopped walnuts
Ingredients (for 1-lb. breadmaker):
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (108g) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (74g) brown rice flour
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. (20.4g) potato starch
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. (10.5g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. (3.5g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2.6g) baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. (3.0g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (1.0g) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. (2.8g) salt
- 1/2 cup (99g) sugar
When beeps sound, add:
- 1 cup (98g) fresh apples, peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup (27g) chopped walnuts
This recipe was developed for the Home Bakery Virtuoso® Breadmaker (BB-PAC20), the Home Bakery Supreme® Breadmaker (BB-CEC20) and the Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker (BB-HAC10). Adjustments may be required for baking this cake in other models of the Home Bakery.
In a large bowl, mix the flour ingredients (brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum), baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and sugar well with a whisk.
In a separate bowl, mix eggs and vegetable oil well with a whisk. Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached and pour in the baking pan.
Add the flour mixture from step 1 into the baking pan.
Place the baking pan in the Home Bakery, close the lid and plug the power cord into the outlet. Select the CAKE course. Set the crust setting to MEDIUM for BB-CEC20/BB-PAC20 model and REGULAR for BB-HAC10 model. Press START.
When the add beeps sound, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be left on the side of the pan with a rubber spatula. Please be careful if the kneading blade(s) is moving.
Add the chopped apples and walnuts, close the lid and continue baking. For BB-HAC10 and BB-PAC20 models, press START to resume kneading.
When baking completes, press CANCEL and allow the cake to cool.
Remove from pan, slice and serve.