||Peppered chicken and fresh veggies on a bed of garlic flavored whole wheat pizza bread. This is a must try recipe for pizza lovers!
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (for 2-lb. breadmaker, makes 2 pizzas):
- 1-1/4 cups (300mL) water
- 2 Tbsp. (26g) olive oil
- 2 cups (240g) whole wheat flour
- 1-3/4 cups (227.5g) all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. (23.2g) sugar
- 1 tsp. (5.6g) salt
- 1 tsp. (3.2g) garlic powder
- 2 tsp. (5.6g) active dry yeast
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (for 1-lb. breadmaker, makes 1 pizza):
- 2/3 cup (160mL) water
- 1 Tbsp. (13g) olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (97.5g) all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. (11.6g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.8g) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (1.6g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (2.8g) active dry yeast
Sauce (for 1 pizza):
- 5 oz. prepared marinara sauce
Topping (for 1 pizza):
- 5 oz. finely shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 5 oz. chicken thigh, chopped and sautéed with salt and pepper
This recipe was developed for the Home Bakery Virtuoso® Breadmaker (BB-PAC20), Home Bakery Supreme® Breadmaker (BB-CEC20) and the Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker (BB-HAC10). Adjustments may be required for making this recipe in other models of the Home Bakery.
Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached. Add the Whole Wheat Pizza Dough ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed, and prepare the dough using the DOUGH course. Remember to add the liquids first.
When course completes, remove the dough from the baking pan onto a lightly floured surface. For 2-lb. breadmaker, cut the dough in half. For 1-lb. breadmaker, use the entire dough. Form a smooth ball, place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rest for 20 minutes.
Remove the dough, place on parchment paper and roll out using a rolling pin to create a 12” circle. Use a fork and poke holes on the dough. Move the dough onto a pizza pan.
Spread marinara sauce evenly on the dough, and cover with half of mozzarella cheese. Layer tomato slices, spinach, grilled chicken and top with remaining cheese. Bake in an oven preheated at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the cheese is bubbly and the crust is baked, remove from the oven. Slice and serve hot.
If you have extra dough, top with your favorite ingredients and make your one-of-a-kind pizza, following the same directions!